Five Movies to Watch With Dad on Father’s Day
Father’s Day is one of the most cherished events I look forward to every year. With the demanding lifestyle trends, family time often gets neglected. The fun of watching movies with dad on the occasion of Father’s Day can be a blissful experience.
This day is an occasion when one has the opportunity to thank one’s dad for the life he has given. While dining out and shopping have been popular events, watching movies can be a richer experience.
The movies can be selected based on a variety of factors, but the most important theme can be about father-son relationship. Following is the list of movies one can consider to watch on father’s day
1. Sleepless in Seattle – The core theme is based on father and son relationship. The lead role played by Tom Hanks, who has done a brilliant performance. The movie is all about emotional bonding, where Tom Hanks loses his wife and his son goes to the extent of searching a prospective woman for his dad.
2. Road to Perdition – This movie is about a hit man, a role played by Tom Hanks. The movie revolves around a theme of family relationships and how the hero changes the direction for the right cause. It is worth watching how the hero fights for the safety of his son. Although the movie is fast paced, but it always revolves in and around father-son relationship.
3. Grace is Gone – This movie touches the heart, especially because there have been real world incidents around the theme. The movie is about a father, who is hesitant to inform his daughters about the loss of their mother, who died in a war. The movie received many awards.
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – In case one wants to consider a lighter theme, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade can be a nice pick. The movie is the third sequence of Indiana Jones, and a brainchild of Steven Spielberg. The movie is about pulling out historical artifacts from criminals, facing all kinds of resistance. The movie is a background story, which Harrison Ford reveals in the classroom. The movie was highly appreciated and also received Academy Award.
5. Daddy is a hilarious movie starring Adam Sandler and the Sprouse brothers. The film is based on father son relationship with a unique and lighter comedy. The Movie did not surprise considering number one box office hit.